Here at Papertrail, we believe that creating a culture of safety is only possible when we work together. That’s why we’re excited to announce that we’re working with North American Training Solutions (NATS), Treemagineers, Teufelberger and DMM in a strategic safety alliance. The alliance’s goal is to develop knowledge, evolve competency training programmes, and produce innovative new solutions and equipment to improve safety and efficiency in the arboricultural industries and beyond.
We’re completely behind the alliance’s founding principles, and the “5 C’s” that you can see in the graphic at the beginning of this article. Compliance and confidence are at the heart of what we do. Our CEO, Ben Scholes said: “The teams, both here at Papertrail and in our partners’ organisations have worked extremely hard to bring this partnership to life. Our ambition and vision is to support this alliance by delivering outstanding software for our customers’ and end users. Overall, we want to improve safety and collaboration throughout the industry, enable easier access to product data and develop innovative new software applications. Together we’re united for safety, and I couldn’t be more proud.”
If you’d like to explore how Papertrail can help keep your business organised, and your people safe, why not book a free demo to find out more?
The Papertrail platform will have Task Manager – the facility to create tasks to evidence corrective and preventative actions
Llanfairfechan – 25 May 2017 – The forthcoming Task Manager functionality will enable users to create tasks to evidence corrective and preventative actions, thus providing enhanced support to quality management systems already in place.
Tasks can be created on any record to aid other team members to see what actions need to be undertaken and when completed. Users will be notified and be able to see what tasks along with any inspections are scheduled. All completed tasks and notes are evidenced with the entire record history.
“The Papertrail team see many ‘to-do’ list apps in use whilst undertaking inspections and since the news that Wunderlist is no longer going to be supported by Microsoft we decided to incorporate the option to create, assign and set deadlines on tasks on individual records” commented Ben Scholes, CEO and Co-Founder.
Task Manager is scheduled to be available in Beta week commencing 1 June 2017, and the Papertrail development team would be grateful if your organisation would trial the Beta version, FREE of charge for a short period of time. In return we would be grateful for all feedback and comments.
The Papertrail platform was created out of the need to find an easier way to keep accurate records and demonstrate compliance for equipment inspections and audits.
Today, industry-leading partners, SMEs to larger enterprise and public sector organisations and their staff and contractors trust Papertrail to drive business efficiencies and optimise compliance by managing equipment inspections, certification and safety records.
Press contact information
This is a significant week for the team at Papertrail, launching the new and improved mobile applications, starting with iOS, the most popular mobile operating system used by the Papertrail community. The roll out of the improved android application will follow over the coming days.
You can download the apps from…
the iOS App Store
the Android Play Store
- The Papertrail mobile applications provide users with the ability to update inspections offline, take photos and report faults. Current improved functionality includes:
Improved sync performance – allowing access to real time data is important. No longer do you need to remember to press the sync button, providing there is internet access inspections are uploaded providing real time collaboration.
- View images and PDF (uploads) – for many businesses it’s important that everyone has access to the right documentation and information where ever they are. Any record upload, such as PDF documents or inspection instructions are now all available to view from within the mobile application.
- Scanning – not necessarily a new feature, but increasingly we are seeing more businesses use barcodes and RFID to close the loop on potential human error, and ensure teams are updating the correct record for the specific piece of equipment. A wide variety of barcodes including the Petzl data matrix can now be scanned.
What about the future….
We are constantly developing new and enhanced functionally for the mobile app, from push notifications to the ability to edit and add new records to the management system. The first feature to be launched will be an integration with Papertrail manufacturer partners for adding new records straight into the Papertrail account from either the DMM or Singing Rock mobile application.
Further partners are to be announced soon, to provide similar functionality.
Remember to sync your device before downloading the new mobile app, the Papertrail support team are always at hand should you require assistance.
- Data syncs automatically when the app is active and there is an internet connection.
- View the full history (activities) on a record (with an internet connection).
- Add multiple inspections at once, but with an inspection form per record being inspected.
- Add/edit record name, inspection dates, frequency, comments and all fields (serial, manufacturer etc…)
- View photos/PDF’s from the app (with an internet connection)
Management of compliance tasks, from making regular inspections of equipment and processes, to facilitating staff training and certification, can be a headache. We created Papertrail to make this easier. Two million data records later, we are just as committed to simplifying our customers’ workloads.
Myself and the team at Papertrail are proud of our adventure background and fiercely proud of helping keep people safe along with our environmental responsibilities. When we took the concept of Papertrail to reality, the solution we had in mind was to deliver:
- A technology that reduced the amount of paper being used in the trail of inspections for checking assets and safety procedures. The risk being loss of paper, or too much paper used, wasn’t just bad for the environment but it also increased risk with too many human steps in the process.
- A solution that made the whole inspection process a lot easier and therefore we could do more with the limited time we had. This was a fact of life, not enough time, too many tasks!
- Because of the insurance implications and regulatory pressures, the solution was to improve accountability and increase information transparency. This didn’t just speed up time of delivering what was needed and reduce frustration, it also demonstrated control.
Papertrail is constant evolving and improving. Our development team has been hard at work since day one, making Papertrail easy-to-use and implement for customers who want an immediate improvement in their ROI.
Papertrail has gone through many stages of development, from our earliest version to the more mature, multifunctional product we have today. A lot of hard work ensures that Papertrail combines the simplicity that sole traders value, with the power and features that multinational corporations can’t manage without, including management and oversight of core business activities. Continue Reading…
Offshore Painting Services is a Liverpool-based weather protection and blade repair company for wind turbines and other structures situated in some of the most hostile environments on the planet. Continue Reading…